Service And Maintenance
- Let's face it: new HVAC and refrigeration equipment is expensive.
- The typical lifespan of well-made, well-maintained heating and cooling equipment is about 15-25 years.
- A smart investor wants to make sure that the equipment is going to last a long time with as few major repairs as possible. The best way to do this: consistent and thorough maintenance.
- Many of our customers find the convenience and predictable cost of a maintenance agreement preferable to time and materials maintenance.
There are several advantages of a maintenance agreement:
|Predictable cost. We schedule your maintenance automatically at the right time for your business and your equipment. You don't need to remember to call us.|
|Hassle-free.You can plan the agreement into your budget ahead of time.|
|Priority treatment. Our maintenance agreement customers get preferential treatment for maintenance as well as regular service.|
|Whichever option you choose, preventative maintenance extends the life of your HVAC equipment, reduces the cost and hassle of emergency repairs and enhances energy-efficiency|
Maintenance programs range from Test & Inspect for building owners who would like a professional check on their equipment. Full Coverage program where Shisa Cooling and Heating provides repair labor and replacement parts. Programs can be customized to reflect the degree of investment the client would like to assume and can be adjusted to the particular needs of the environment.
Our maintenance programs and services are designed to provide the best total value. The value becomes especially clear when measured against the
costs of increased energy consumption, operational problems, unexpected repairs, lower employee productivity and, ultimately, the potential disaster of a complete shutdown.
As your partner, the Shisa Cooling and Heating Services goal is to maximize your up time, eliminate unplanned interruptions, and maintain system efficiencies at optimum levels
Maintenance programs designed and performed by the professionals at Shisa Cooling and Heating Services
- Reduce Energy Consumption
- Improve Comfort Conditions
- Improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
- Extend Equipment Life
- Minimize Operating Problems
- Stabilize HVAC Expense
- Provide Reliability
- Improve Employee Productivity
The most important maintenance task that will ensure the efficiency of your air conditioner is to routinely replace or clean its filters. Clogged, dirty filters block normal air flow and reduce a system's efficiency significantly. With normal air flow obstructed, air that bypasses the filter can carry dirt directly into the evaporator coil and impair the coil's heat-absorbing capacity. Filters are located somewhere along the return duct's length. Common filter locations are on rooftops, in walls, ceilings, furnaces, or in the air conditioner itself.
Some types of filters are reusable; others must be replaced. They are available in a variety of types and efficiencies. Clean or replace your air
conditioning system's filter or filters every month or two during the cooling season. Filters may need more frequent attention if the air conditioner is in constant use or is subjected to dusty conditions.
Air Conditioning Filters Are Constantly Exposed To The Elements
Dirty air conditioning filters are a serious and common problem in commercial air conditioning systems. You should have your air conditioning filters checked regularly, depending on the loads placed on your system. Anderson Air Conditioning will help you to keep your filters clean with one of our regular maintenance service agreements.
Just think of the environment on your property roof top. The sun, rain and moisture, dust, soot, and any number of other contaminants are constantly affecting your air conditioning filters. Air conditioning filters can get blocked or damaged easily and because you don't go up there often, damaged or blocked air conditioning filters can go undetected for long periods of time.
Bad Or Damaged AC Filters Let Let In Dust And Dirt
Another factor to consider regarding your air conditioning filters is the everyday wear and tear. As filters age and become broken and worn, dust and other contaminants may be allowed to enter your air conditining system. These old and worn filters should be replaced to prevent more expensive repairs to other parts of your air conditioning sytem. Old filters may be allowing dust into your work environment.
Dust and dirt allowed to enter your air conditining system through those damaged filters can cause other (more expensive) air conditioning components to malfunction. In addition, the dirt that is being allowed through your air conditioning filters is being spread throughout your work environment. Did you ever wonder why your office is always so dusty? Bad air conditioning filters may be part of the cause
Clogged Air Conditioning Filters = Excessive Drain On Your System
Dirty air conditioning filters may cause an excessive load on your air conditioning system. These dirty filters can cause your system to run longer and work harder, costing you money. Just imagine how much extra time, your air conditioning system has to run because clogged air conditioning filters are blocking its ability to perform. This is a drain on your system as well as your budget.
IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY & BACKUP
- There are currently 100’s of airconditioning installation and maintenance companies e on the South African market.
- Unfortunately, not all of them enjoy good long-term back-up facilities, and you don’t want to get stuck a few years down the road with service providers who are not Sustainable longer around.
- Shisa Cooling and Heating, is a top-quality service and maintenance supply and installation company with a good track record that can be evidenced by our Customer list
- We only use quality Brands Such as Samsung with good backup service and warranty
- • We also use cheaper no name brands that are cheaper in price but still offer a good backup and warranty service
A typical maintenance agreement should include the following:
- A minimum of two visits per year. Once to evaluate your heating equipment and once for your cooling equipment. More frequent visits may be necessary depending on how your equipment is used, or if your equipment is in a particularly "dirty" environment.
- Check all electrical connections, measure voltage and current. Faulty electrical connections can cause unsafe operation of your system. Incorrect voltage and/or current can cause overload and equipment burn-out.
- Lubricate all moving parts. Lubrication reduces friction. Friction can cause wear and reduce energy efficiency.
- Inspect and clear the condensate drain. A plugged drain can cause water damage and potentially create an environment conducive to mold growth, effecting indoor humidity levels and air quality.
- Diagnostic Start and Test. One of the most important checks, this diagnostic test helps to reveal any irregularities in system function, BEFORE they result in system downtime, overtime emergency service, loss of product, etc.
- Check thermostat settings. To ensure the proper control of the cooling and heating system.
- Inspect, clean or change air filters.A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, leading to early failure.
For Cooling Equipment:
- Clean evaporator and condenser air conditioning coils. Dirty coils reduce air flow, causing the system to run harder and longer, increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment.
- Check your refrigerant level. Too much or too little refrigerant will make your system less efficient increasing energy costs and reducing the life of the equipment. If low refrigerant levels are discovered, a leak-check will be performed.
- Clean and adjust blower components. Airflow problems can reduce your system's efficiency by up to 15 percent!
Service and Maintenance
Service and Maintenance contracts can be negotiated on a per customer per requirement basis Our service and maintenance contracts are very flexible and designed to give maximum exposure for the customer, on a standard service and maintenance contract the customer will enjoy a monthly on site service from one of our competent teams. Our service teams are professional in every way and will not impact on the daily operations in the client environment.
WARRANTIES DO NOT COVER LABOR / CALLOUT / TRAVEL /REFRIGERANT
Services do Not include
Labor for repairs /Spares /Gas /sundries Any work over and above normal services will be quoted separately No work will be undertaken unless a confirmed order or signed quotation has been received Filters / gas and repairs to be charged pro-rata if required when servicing